Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kids Learn by Playing

I just want to thank the Project Playground staff and Gloria for the support they have been giving us, not forgetting my friend Jorge Quintao who has been an inspiration to us for the great work he is doing in Brasil.

In the past few months, we have had some drop - outs and inconsistance from the group and I was a little bit dissapointed and saddened by the fact that we were losing kids back to the streets. Other day I shared it with a friend who told me about the story of Jorge's group in Brasil (to see Jorge's project, click on "Olhar Coletivo", on "other projects" at right and below on this blog). Now, I am raring to go and make this a success.

Our aim is to allow kids to play and experiment while they are learning, by doing we will be taking them away from the streets. In the process, we will contribute to reduce the crime rate in our community and empowering our youth with skills. So they can be able to stand on their own in future and to have a dignity life.


Thanks for following and supporting us!

Siseko.

No comments:

Post a Comment