Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas closing at Project Playground

Last Saturday, It was Christmas closing at Project Playground. A big event. 

The amazing girls of dancing classes showed their vibrant African dance rhythm. The boys also played drums and danced frenetically. The movements and the beat are impressives. So energetic. Your body can't be stopped. Ask you to move.

Frida said to Mbulelo, the master of drums of Project Playground:  "... maybe I can found a dancing school". It was a joke, but I hope she does it! I would like to see here a Samba school with an African style. Will be original.

The carnival in Brazil started with Portugueses, the colonizers. They went to streets to play, dance, have fun. But the beat and movements of Samba come from the drums and rhythm of Africa. So it is very interesting for me to see here the roots of Samba in Brazil.

I love Samba. I love the sounds of drums! I love carnival street in Brazil! I would like to see here Mbulelo, Lungiswa (singing teacher) and their amazing girls and boys parading on the streets of Langa! I will get a lot of fun!!











Kids singing "We Are The World".
Pretty moment.


My short speech. When I said "I believe in the power of Love" and 
showed the phrase of my t-shirt "Love Can Change Our World".



Frida and Glória.



No comments:

Post a Comment