Thursday, November 18, 2010

Our methodology

Our methodology is to explain the basic rules of photography after the teens have taken their photos. The goal is to encourage them believe in themselves. Showing that they know, intuitively, taking a good photo. Then, my role as a teacher is just correcting their small mistakes. This methodology was suggested by Jorge Quintão, my Brazilian friend, founder of "Collective Eyes" (www.olharcoletivo.org), the social project "Kids with Cameras" in Brazil.

I also developed a similar project in Brazil during my Master in 2008. In that time, I taught basic rules before the teenagers took their first photos. After, we talked about the basic rules in their photos. At this moment, thinking about it, really, the methodology suggested by Jorge Quintão is the best way to build self-confidence.

Furthermore, I tell you. I am impressed with the first photos that teens took by themselves. The most of them had a harmonious composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment